Thursday, December 21, 2006

PVP

Well since the patch I found myself doing more pvp than normally. I initially spec'd 17/0/34 to turn out more damage in raids. When going into a battle ground I found that I wasn't for pvp. I didnt put the right talents points in destruction to be viable in BG's and didnt have enough talent points to go deep enough in the afflicition tree to do the damage either. I respec'd to 5/41/5 with imp corruption for instant cast, 41 to get my felguard, and imp shadowbolt. I was sceptical about the spec initially but have found that I own in BG's and now I found that do way more damage in raids. Last MC I was on top of the Damage meter for most of the night until we hit Garr and I had to focus on my banishes instead of dpsing. Overall for the night I came out 3rd on the meter behind a rogue and a T2 lock.

This spec is killer for pvp. Everybody always hollars "Nerf Locks" but actually i dont feel that way, and that is not just a bias casue my main is a lock. When a locks steps foot into a BG DPS is focused on that lock, We dont last as long, plus we are useless against rogues. I am always getting owned by rogues especially if they get first hit. Any stun or fear on a lock and we are done. Are biggest defense is Death Coil and it has a cooldown so we screwed if we can spam it as soon as we are no longer stunned. I feel that most people know that if they go 1 on 1 with a lock, felfguard or not, that they will usually get owned, so people now seem to take out locks before healers now.

I really enjoy pvping even though i know that as soon as the BG starts I know I am target number 1. Even when we loose at WSG or AB, I still like to atleast do some killing. Most people just afk and try to get some honor (the few we get now from HK's) from the few that actually try to put up a fight.

I really want to get the GM dagger and off hand before the expansion comes out but with the holidays and my wife being in town I have very little time now to even log in. Man I miss playing WoW.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Dude, I'm a Destruction Lock (0/1/50) and pwn all, that's where the money is at. I'm always on the top of every BG I'm in. I've taken out Affliction and Demonology spec'd Locks like George St. Pierre took out Matt Hughes. Yes, if an Affliction Lock is able to get all his DoTs off, then eventually I'm dead but not before I kill him first. I like immediate satisfaction while I'm alive rather than get a kill after I'm dead. Demonology spec'd Locks are a little harder cause I have to waste time banishing their Felguard, and while I'm wasting time banishing.. they're getting their charm on with my succubus. Once done, I hit them up with a few DoTs a Shadow Bolt and Conflag, which usually do the trick. With my Destruction Lock and Succubus I've learned not to depend of Fear anymore, plus it takes so freakin long to cast, and that Rogues pose no real threat anymore. They key is your Succubus and her ability to chain Charm. When you get gank'd by a Rogue, just Charm, get your distance, fire away.. rinse and repeat. Easy peezie. Another awsome ability that Destruction offers is Shadowfury, which I've learned to run around with it already active.. just waiting for me to pop someone with it. Sorry to disagree... no, I'm overwhelmingly pleased to disagree but Destruction Lock FTW!

December 21, 2006 at 1:18 PM  
Blogger Dick said...

Well maybe i didnt go far enough down in the destruction tree to really see its benefit. I have always been affliction/demo for the most part. I was just alway told that destrcution wasnt any good for raiding (MC/BWL) cause so much of the tree is fire spells. I do know that when im in a BG i do usually end up on top if not 2nd. And I do know that demo lock is awesome for the raiding that we are doing. And that Demo spec is make leveling so much easier cause the felguard is a hellova tank that is tuff to steal aggro from. Felguard FTW!

December 21, 2006 at 1:32 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

True, non-Destro spec'd Locks do much better in Raids and especially where we are at in our progression, hands down.. no arguement from me. However, not all mobs in MC are immune to fire and if you're comfortable with it, you pretty much become a Shadow Bolt regurgitating fiend, which I have consistently crit'd for 1800 - 1900 average. Just with Shadow Bolts, I fare well on the damage meter. So the other specs are better for raiding, but you can pwn BGs as a Destruction Lock. Melt your face FTW.

December 21, 2006 at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home