Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Wall

My guild has hit a wall. We can clear all of Kara in roughly 2 days of raiding and don't seem to progress passed that. We do Gruul's on the weekends, but I can't ever make it due to RL plans. I know that we have downed HKM, but that is it. There are a few problems that exist that are keeping us from ever going passed Gruul.

First, our guild is way too casual to really put the time in to push passed or see new content. We have 2 to 3 kara groups running a week, but we have trouble filling the groups some times or for the whole clear. The groups tend to stick with each other and we don't switch out week to week. I dont mind that but we aren't letting people get geared up cause some groups do better than others. At this rate it will take us a year to gear everyone up in Kara gear. No good.

Second, For a long time after the GM quit the game, we had no GM as that what was voted on. The members decided to just have CL officers to run the guild. Ok I guess that is fine but it goes on the saying of too many chiefs and not enough indians. All of our officers were good, but didnt really have a backbone. We had a really good officer that was really trying to push the guild to see new things but the other officers just kinda blew it off like it wasn't important. The other officers wouldn't back him, so not everyone was in agreement. Not good.

Third, we are getting way to repetive, wich goes back to the other points. The game is getting boring and when you speak to officers and they say that they are bored and are going to take a break, you know that they see it too. We recently made a change to the guild, and now have a GM. What really pissed me off was that it was only open to the current officers and didnt like the idea of anyone being able to run for the position and have the whole guild vote on it. Oh and that they want to change the GM every 6 months. I have no clue what that is. Is that supposed to make the guild better? I dont really think it is going to work, since there were only 2 officers that wanted the GM position.

I think what it came down to was they are scared that someone like me or the best officers we had becoming GM and really whiping the guild into shape. They know that we wouldn't be afraid to tell it like it is, or /gkick someone. We recently lost that best officers cause he called someone out and all the other officers were too scared to back him and ridiculed him for calling the douche bag out.

So I think we have hit the wall and topped out on our progression. I have apped to a new guild that seems to be doing well. They getting a late start, but they pushing along. I have friend that got in there and said it was the cat's ass. Hopefully tonight I will go on a recruitment run and get an invite to the guild. Cross your fingers!

4 Comments:

Blogger Sean said...

Good luck Dick. Hope you like your new guild and you find what your looking for.

Your post kind of hurts my feelings, but I guess I understand. Sorry if we can't make everyone happy and fill everyone's needs. You should try it sometime... it's hard. This is a game for me too. I also like to play to have fun and hang with friends. Maybe an officer should treat it more like a job. I don't know... maybe I'm not working hard enough. I will try harder in the future.

Hope to stay your friend. See you when I see you.

September 24, 2007 at 8:01 PM  
Blogger Dick said...

Sean, My post was not meant to hurt anyone's feelings, even though I can not control that, but it was a post on what I was feeling about the game and the guild.

There is nothing wrong with the guild for 90% of its members. Its just that last 10% of us that are getting bored with the game and need to see more stuff inorder to keep playing. I do enjoy hanging with friends in game, but it gets to the point were we dont do anything but sit and Shatt and chat. And to me that is not fun. I like running with yall, but we are running out of things to run and the same old stuff just isnt doing it for me.

It was hard for me to leave. I have been with yall for so long and made so many friends, that I felt like I was just leaving yall, but thats not the case. Im still around and only pulled my lock for that reason, so I could see new stuff and still hang with my friends. I also want to be able to learn the new encounters and be able to come back and help yall progress and pass some words of wisdom. I am still looking forward to seeing yall when yall make it this way if yall still want to.

September 25, 2007 at 12:16 PM  
Blogger Christian said...

totally hear you about the boring part. I have a 65 Lock (Fenris, outrunners, Qiyamah) and all I do is grind. It is nearly impossible to find anyone to run an instance with ( I got 1 run on mana tombs and the group was so unbalanced we wiped 3 times before getting to the first boss). When you hit 70 you might get some raid-time. Before that, forget it. No one will raid Zul Garub, no one raids in Sillithus. Infact there are parts of the game I shall never see because I can't enough people together to actually take it on. Blizzard has made a mistake by catering to only the level capped people. They have assured themselves of no new players and a constant struggle to keep the ones that are there happy.

As an RPG, it kinda sucks. So, the redeeming feature is the MMO part. But if all you do is grind, cause no one wants to run an instance like ZG or MC, then it's no longer MMO.

October 3, 2007 at 11:54 AM  
Blogger Dick said...

Well when the xpac came out I did the 60-70 grind in about 5 days played. It was long and I did it doing 16-18 hour days grinding. I did no instances during that time so it was all solo for me, except for my trusty fel guard by my side.

October 3, 2007 at 2:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home