Tuesday, June 12, 2007

RL Post

I missed some raids this week due to RL plans. I have been going out more lately since im single now (ladies dont all come running at once now) and have been putting RL above all. Before i used WoW to keep me out of trouble, but now the gloves are off and im on the prowl again. I may be a little rusty, but i wont give up. I see the light!

Mostly been spending most of my time with my childhood friend that i have known now for 20 years. He has recently joined up with a new band and they fucking rock. They havent been playing together for too long but they have what it takes. They play so well together, that their music is always on. they started doing open mics of course, but after their 8th or so open mics in about 3 months that they already started getting paying gigs. The last open mic they had a man approached them and booked them for 2 different shows at 2 different places, just like that. Every time the sets keep getting bigger and bigger. I have become their sound tech and hope that they start to really take off. Who knows, but i would definatley like to be along for the ride.

If anyone would like to check them out, you can check out their myspace page, SAWCELLO is the name of the band. They have a few songs up on their page now but are always changing it. And there are a few crappy videos, but we are working on getting better ones, as we now have a camera guy.

But all in all i have been have a really good time finnally getting out again and hanging out with friends. I have a few trips booked already in th future to visit the friends that don't live so close, and i cant wait for that. I'm headed to Vegas this weekend to see Roger Waters in concert, and to have a kick ass time. Im headed to San Jose in August, L.A. and San deigo in September, and I think we are trying to get a trip together to head to North Carolina to meet up with some friends there. I am glad that I started playing this game, cause i have made some good RL friends from it and even though we are spread out accross the world, we all are making an effor to meet up with each other and have some fun. Its good being in a more mature guild, cause if we are all little kids, this would never happen.

As I get older you soon find out who your real friends are and the ones that say they are your friends. I have a few friends now that i feel are on the fence for me. I still hang out with them but i dont expect anything from them. All i know that if i ever needed anything that I know that the friends i keep close would be there for me, and I appreciate that. Thank you fuckers for having my back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home