Friday, December 29, 2006

Attention Whores

Oh No, not the attention whores. O gawd. We all have attention whores in our guilds. Some are worse than others. Some are cool and witty and funny and we dont mind them cause they always say things to make you laugh, cringe, or just boggle your mind. We have a couple of them in our guild and we always get a kick out of if it and always makes the raids so much funner. I have been guilty of this kind of whoring of the chat/vent channels before.

But what about those whores that are only out for the attention of the raid/guild leader? OMG i just want to punch them in the freakin face. They are the most obvious and everyone knows it but no ones says anything. They are the most fake person in the guild and are always searching for the attention from the others. Bah. Although I hate it so much, I do enjoy the whispers that fly back and forth when some bullshit is said in the raid. That realy makes my raid experience so much better. We all know that we are not going to /gkick someone for being an attention whore, that is just their personality. So instead we just laugh at how pathetic they can be.

I know that we are all guilty of it and I am too. Some do it for different reasons and for brief periods of times. Im sure i could by def be labeled an attention whore, but im my deffense, Im not seeking anybody's attention or approval of anybody. I think i am just the Guild dickhead and in turn i end up getting alot of attention. I always get the whispers from the offices and Raid leader saying, chill out or cut it out it was a mistake, things along those lines. I'm not affraid to call someone out in raid chat for being a dumbass and I feel sometimes a public chastizing of your moronic moves in game are warranted. Hell I would expect it if it was me and I would be the first to own up to a mistake that caused a wipe to 40 people. But hey thats just me.

7 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

The funny part is I'm so focused on the raid at hand, I generally don't pay attention to the "attention whores." And as for calling people out, I'm for it, but I'm also for not wanting to get people down for screwing up. We've all done it once or another. Hell, in an Onyxia pug last night (after a few drinks) I pulled whelps without pulling Onyxia. Figure that shit out.

And yeah, MC wasn't our best by any means, but considering most guilds I know are completely shut down raiding wise until BC, I'm just happy to get a raid going. I'm proud of the guild to get a group up and do well, even if that means a wipe here or there. Even with the wipes last night, I actually had a lot of fun for the first time in MC in a while.

December 29, 2006 at 11:08 AM  
Blogger Dick said...

How the hell did that happen? Is that even possible? We'll just say it was a bug.

December 29, 2006 at 11:56 AM  
Blogger SL said...

I dunno about attn whores either as I have a bad habit of tuning out a lot of chatter, sometimes to my dismay because I miss out on something funny, but as for calling someone out, the absolute BEST moment ever was when you asked a certain lock how much he paid for his account!!!

December 29, 2006 at 12:42 PM  
Blogger Dick said...

Well what can I say.....im a Dick!

December 29, 2006 at 12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I dont know about this, I mean I have seen in other guild extreme instances of this but not in GOF. But maybe I havent been paying attention or am guilty of it myself..../sigh. The problem with a growing guild especially in our situation is that we have new people join often which is awsome, but the new people have to find there way into the mix of a tight knit group. In addition you have your veterans that have grown the guild and have relationships or roles that they like to maintain.

While WOW is fun and highly addictive, I am not sure I would have contunied to factor it into my daily life if not for the social aspect of it. Most people think it is wierd that I play this game but it really is more than a game, so of course you are going to see the real life issues such as ass kissing , etc showing up.

Nice blog by the way and extremely interesting post. Makes one want to self evaluate or wonder who sparked this. Take care Dick.

December 30, 2006 at 1:53 AM  
Blogger nick said...

I thought we were friends Dick? It's not nice to call me an attention whore. I just wanted everyone to know what an uber leet tank I am

January 2, 2007 at 9:17 AM  
Blogger Dick said...

Bahaha Nick, Well if your weren't always trying to suck Odan's dick I wouldn't call you an attention whore!

Nah im just playin man and you are an uber 1337 tank

January 2, 2007 at 5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home